PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Sincere Thanks
Thread: Sincere Thanks
View Single Post
Old 22nd Sep 2004, 13:10
Jay Dee @ table 1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Sincere Thanks

After being an occasional and casual reader of these pages, I felt compelled to register, in order to express my heartfelt thanks to the following.

(1) All of those who joined with me yesterday to celebrate my retirement. For me, it was a highly enjoyable if somewhat emotional day, and I was totally overwhelmed, by the generosity expressed, not only in terms of gifts and cards, but also in the the words and spirit of the occasion. To see so many colleaugues, not just from Y Watch, but also other TC watches, from AC, from various offices, and retirees was truly heartwarming.

(2) To all colleagues who were at work on the afternoon of the 13th, and who were so good to have around on what was my last duty, and to those who joined me for a drink at the end of the day.
Although supervising that day, I did allow myself one last stint on radar, so thanks also to the crews who were kind enough to pass messages of good luck on that day, amongst them, BAW, EZY, and MON, and to the ATCOs involved in organising them.

and finally

(3) All of those who I have known and worked with during the last 37 years, including the many pilots (mostly unknown and unseen) to whom I must have spoken in that time, and rarely if ever had a cross word with.

To all of you

Thank you and very best wishes

John