PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What I have to look forward to BEFORE I make it! (More light hearted humour...)
Old 22nd Sep 2004, 03:55
apache

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Forget the pimply faced 16y.o trying to kill you, it is when the pimply faced 16y.o is the nephew of the owner and you have to take him for a spin in the C152 as a first lesson .... all things going well until he announces that he is feeling sick. Proceed to slow down, open the window, fly as smoothly as possible and THEN have him thhrow up all over the (inside) windscreen on short final - approaching the flair!

OR

Bad weather all week, the fortnightly flying hours looking very round (0), and, correspondingly, no pay ... bills coming in, no petrol in yer car, but you need to turn up for work to get the money. Weekend arrives... it is a BEAUTIFUL day and you have 5student booked to fly starting at 0930. All the aircraft are booked solid for the day .... the boss is happy! and then some STUPID GIT goes and has a prop strike on the first flight of the morning.. IN YOUR AIRCRAFT!!!!! .... u/s for the rest of the weekend.

THEN

You finally have enough hours to fly twins with the local charter company, now it is time to look forward to spending LONG LONG days away from home base. Passengers who don't know what time they want to leave and will "just rock up", or maybe even give you 1/2 hours notice.

Mind you... it is all character building, and you will look back in years to come and laugh/smile ruefully at your experience, whilst moaning bitterly about the current state of affairs and how the cadets have it easy etc etc etc .... but then think "I would not change a thing!" .... well not too many things anyway.
good luck with it and enjoy. I look forward to reading of other peoples experiences here