PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 8 Reasons to be a Ryanair pilot
View Single Post
Old 21st Sep 2004, 18:01
SpectreLover

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
8 Reasons to be a Ryanair pilot

http://www.ryanair.com/careers/pilot...737_apply.html

Lies from the Ryanair website. What new pilots are promissed is not exactly what they get in the real life when being hired via an agency, a low salary paid by the block hour, no pension, no share options, no loss of license cover, no hotels, no transportation. The only thing that is slightly true is the fixed 5:3 pattern mentioned BUT they forgot to mention that the homebase can be shifted each time a new 5 day peiod begins! They also forgot to mention that the contracter will pay his own LPC and uniform, and hotels/transportation when out of homebase.

No wonder why they are so cheap. Cant really figure out why something like this is possible in 2004! I can imagine why a company will do anything to get prices down, but I cant imagine why employees in herds of hundreds, thousands accept these bad working conditions. THEY are actually the reason why its possible. They deliver a good product - even while being treated like slaves - and they accept it. Gee I wonder

-------------------

8 Reasons to be a Ryanair pilot

Outstanding Earnings Potential
Our remuneration package includes a basic salary and sector pay. Captains joining Ryanair in the UK, for instance, can earn up to Stg£88,700 in the first year, rising to Stg.£102,140. A senior first officer with 3 years' service can earn up to Stg.£70,620.

LIE: 65 E - 5 for uniform+LPC = 60 EUR per block HR x 900 HRS = Max. 45.000 EUR = 30.768 GBP

Fixed Roster Pattern
Our roster pattern lets you plan with certainty. 5 on, 3 off. Fixed Days Off. No scheduled overnights, circumstances permitting.

LIE: Fixed roster is right, but base shifting around all over Europe

Unrivalled Career Progression
Potential for command within 3 years.

I like the word "potential"

Pension Plan
Company matches first 5% contribution from basic salary.

LIE: Does not exist for many existing and all new pilots

Loss of Licence Cover Available
€190,000

LIE: The cover has been cancelled for all pilots

5 Year Agreement
5 Year Agreement on pay, benefits and share options

Yeah, and WHAT a lousy agreement...

Share Option Scheme
Our share option scheme has seen returns of €230,000 in 5 years for existing pilots

LIE: The scheme does not exist for new pilots, and is worthless for existing pilots, as it is of now

And more...
Excellent Flight Benefits

True: And Ryanair is talking about cancelling this benefit

Last edited by SpectreLover; 21st Sep 2004 at 18:18.