PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What To Do If I Spot A Serious Security Breach ?
Old 21st Sep 2004, 17:23
doubleu-anker

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A good question. Would have to be option no 2 of your of your post. Tricky one though. These fanatics will never stop me flying, that’s for sure.

As you imply, everyone is so on edge, if you bring it to any security personnel’s attention, you are bound to be arrested, yourself. Eg. be charged with distracting secuity personals' attention.

The point I was trying to put across is, there will never be 100% security. A lot can be done, but a determined fanatic (hope to God I'm wrong) has a good chance of succeeding.

The fact that random, as apposed to total searches, are in place means there are large holes in the system. Some, as you have pointed out, are glaringly obvious.

The real weak links, I am sure are the ones you and I don't see. People can walk on and off and A/C airside at will, in counties in Europe, so in the part of the world you are referring to, well...

IMHO we have more chance of dying in a prang than by an outrageous act, by some fanatic, at the moment. Let us hope and pray, it stays that way.