PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Hellas Jet - Be Proud of yourselves
View Single Post
Old 21st Sep 2004, 13:37
msmorley

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I agree wholeheartedly, t_f_c. I've just returned from LHR-ATH-LHR with T4 and they're easily the best thing on this route since Virgin threw in the towel after 11/9.

I'd been avoiding the Manchester route though because - being code-shared with OA - I'd assumed it was on the ghastly Macedonian Airlines metal that OA have been serving up on the MAN-ATH route. That flight has the reciprocal onboard experience - cramped bucket & spade config seats, terrible food (even for a Hellenophile) and some of the worst on-board service I've ever witnessed. (I wouldn't want to work for OA either, though).

Only downside to the HellasJet experience is their insistence on you picking up tickets booked online at the airport rather than posting them to you.

It would be a real pity if Cyprus shut this down - they might help their cash flow a bit if they put the prices up a bit: they're consistently £50 (Y) and £150 (C) cheaper than their OA/BA competition ex-LHR. Otherwise, here's hoping for a management buy-out

Mark.

Last edited by msmorley; 21st Sep 2004 at 22:20.