PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Yeovilton Air Day
View Single Post
Old 21st Sep 2004, 13:05
AllTrimDoubt

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Flying Fishead - Well said. The situation seems exactly as I thought, which is why I have no criticism of those at the sharp end I know to be trying to make best of the whole affair.

During my attendance last year the INDIVIDUAL hosting at Squadron level was on a par with the best shows (Thanks 702!). It was the "big picture" contractorised handling that led to the gripes mentioned. Seems sad that things still have not changed.

As to lack of support/team spirit? Simple. So many of the visiting crews wandering around trying to find somewhere to sit and watch the show last year said 'This is bad...won't be coming back here again!" Hence the poor turnout. Word gets round.

Hopefully if there really was a more favourable response from this year's crews then things might improve. But, I stress again, some Big Decisions need to be made by those who can (!) to sort this out!

Note: Some of HairyClamEaters suggestions above are just the sort of things that might start to turn around the static park!

PS The RN still doesn't realise just what an excellent asset it has with the Lynx Pair. Nothing but praise for the way the team have set themselves up and promoted the FAA around the UK. The results at RIAT in 03, and comments around this year's circuit are proof!