PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Aviators Life Assurance and Critical Illness for Mortgage Protection
Old 21st Sep 2004, 10:34
bumpfich

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Aviators Life Assurance and Critical Illness for Mortgage Protection

Hello,

I apologise in advance for this thread, which is more than likely in the wrong forum - I'm not sure where best to ask this question.

Can anyone provide me a contact(s) who provide Mortgage Protection (Life and Critical Illness) cover for pilots (for private flying, commercial training and as a commercial pilot)?

I'm moving house and thus getting an additional mortgage. My "high street bank" mortgage provider's Life and Critical Illness cover (which I already have to cover my existing mortgage without conditions attached for aviation) has a wonderful new "Special Condition", which essentially states that my new policy would not cover me if I become totally or/and permanently disabled either directly (i.e. car accident) or indirectly (i.e. though some form of illness). In essence the Total and Permanent Disability (TPD) clause has been removed from my cover. So, if I were to be run over by a bus tomorrow, assuming I survive but with permanent disability, I will not be covered!
n.b. The policy does still cover Life Assurance (with a "loaded" premium).

In addition, any tips and advice from seasoned "home-owners" & "pilots" would be greatly appreciated!

I do not intend for this to become a post for "advertisers" of insurance products - so please PM me if you prefer.

Many Thanks

Bumpfich