PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What To Do If I Spot A Serious Security Breach ?
Old 21st Sep 2004, 05:08
mr Q

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What To Do If I Spot A Serious Security Breach ?

At Manila Airport (NAIA Airport actually)recently at one of the airside security checkpoints ( cannot remember the gate numbers, they includes those gates invariably used by CX ) saw the most elementary breach of security. A cleaner went through the metal detector but deftly pushed her mop bucket (plastic) and contents (unknown but a mop handle (plastic) was visible!!) round the outside of the detector. I say deftly because the speed and manner with which she did it indicated it was an automatic movement and a familiar one. In other words to save time and inconvenience each time she passed she did this. Response from the security ?? Nil response. Well not exactly.Response to her greeting ?? Friendly. Response to the security breach ? Nil .The bucket and contents had become part of the furniture. At the same location different dates saw security staff being distracted by various things including but not limited to a tap on the shoulder from a fellow employee which resulted in the monitor swivelling his chair 180 degrees away from the screen for 2-3mts, the presence in the passenger queue of a "bold movie starlet",arguments with members of the entourage of a minor politician.Saw people being handed airport passes(type unknown) at the airport entrance and saw boxes too big to even pass through the scanners but being allowed through, into the airport, unchecked.
Question One. What should I do ?? Complain to the Airport Authorities and be arrested or apprehended myself ?? Refuse to board the aircraft and be left stranded airside ??
Question Two.If I complain to the Airline (sayCX) will they take the complaint seriously though they are not responsible for the relevant security though the lapse may cost them dearly??
Question Three. Am I just another paranoid passenger who should mind my own business, leave these matters in the (capable ??) hands of the "Experts" and relax knowing that my safety and that of my fellow passengers and the aircraft and crew are of paramount importance to those experts.