PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - stealth
Thread: stealth
View Single Post
Old 20th Sep 2004, 21:41
Penguina

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
bigflyingrob:

If it's really the circuit people who are overflying you like that, then either the pilots are solo students or there is an instructor on board. It's a lot rarer to get unsupervised PPLs in there - reason given is the same one given for the proportions of the circuit in the first place...

If so, you could point out to Cabair and Firecrest that you're there and ask that the instructors bear this in mind.

The way you obfuscate the exact whereabouts of your strip suggests to me that (quite understandably) you don't want to draw attention to it, but if you're really that close to such a busy aerodrome then maybe it's a good idea. Not that I'm saying this absolves people from a normal good lookout, mind!

Have just read Genghis's post and now know exactly where bigflyingrob's strip is. I don't think there's any of the many and generously proportioned Elstree circuits that go out quite that far! It could be aircraft joining on right base for 26, in which case they may not be training aircraft. I've seen you there and see aircraft go in and out of it, but normally much lower than Elstree traffic tends to be operating at.

Given that Colney doesn't seem to be on the map, I'm not sure how Elstree pilots are expected to know that they need to tune into the microlight frequency briefly before re-entering their own ATZ...

Last edited by Penguina; 20th Sep 2004 at 21:54.