PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - FTE Jerez
Thread: FTE Jerez
View Single Post
Old 20th Sep 2004, 21:16
Angelīs One Fife

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Machonepointnine

What makes you think I have a chip on my shoulder. Just because I do not look at the world through rose tinted glasses does not mean I am digruntled with FTE. Jerez is a fantastic place to live and work but bloody expensive for the same licence you can get for half that price.

You seem to think you know all, so what instructors were given "the boot" as you say. The truth is that all ex-prestwick instructors were given the option of redundancy and go or stay on redundancy and a different contract without the BAE pension. Some voted with their feet and left but non were booted out as far as I know. The ones who left had other jobs lined up anyway and just held off for the cash which was quite cionsiderable. The others who stayed were given big payoffs and then went straight back to work whilst their Spanish collegues got nothing. The small period of time was because they had to use their BAE holiday entitlemment or loose it but they were always there. Don't know of any flight instructors with airline experience.

The cost of nearly Ģ65000 does not included any costs for additional training at all and is for the bare minimum for licence issue so if you have to repeat one little thing it can cost more and some folks have spent a lot more. Remember the syllabus assumes you will go solo in only 10 hours so anymore than that and you are on an additional cost footing straight away.

Yes the MCC staff are ex-airline now But If your happy getting sworn at for MCC then cool. Not really what MCC is about though. And again it's an expensive tick in the box in an old Frasca.

At the end of your day you pay your money and take our choice but don't be thinking you get a gold plated licence at one school because it is more expensive. The training is no better than anywhere else.

Last edited by Angelīs One Fife; 20th Sep 2004 at 21:27.