PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - It's True!
Thread: It's True!
View Single Post
Old 20th Sep 2004, 21:02
lokione

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It's True!

My best friend - returned to Can 3 months ago after working in Africa for 5 years ( for United Nations) - 13000 hours and in his 30's. Has been caught up in this Red Pass mess. Transport Canada had advised all the airlines in the recent past that due to their lack of funding for proper Security checks on persons returning from overseas, they would not be able to issue them with Red Passes.

Canjet had already taken on some ( 4 I think) flight attendants who had been O/S. Their passes were refused and they lost their jobs - I believe they ( amongst others are litigating).

The airlines will not be willing to admit it - but until directed otherwise by Transport Canada, they will not interview you.

Yesterday Mon 20th, Transport Canada were having a meeting on this very issue. There should be some further clarification by the end of the week.

My friend is utterly devastated by his complete inability to get one of the many available jobs there ( for which he is qualified) whilst this whole mess is going on. No company will even apply for him to get the Pass, so that he can then dispute the fact that it has been denied. Right now his hands are completely tied!!

Sorry for the dire news. I cant believe that this isn't all over the Canadian pilot sites and here on PPrune. It is a disgrace that hard working Canadian pilots can be rendered unemployable by such beaurocracy!!

I suppose you could always go fly float planes therefore not requiring a Red Pass! Or perhaps join the Welfare line.

I will keep you posted on any new developments!

Loki