PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MYT - I can't believe it!!
View Single Post
Old 20th Sep 2004, 20:46
squeakyunclean

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
VS, tried to answer the points in order

1. My contract/ppp says redundancies will be decided by last in first out, what does your contract say?

2. It doesn’t.

3. Who said the seniority lists are to be used to decide redundancy? Does your contract say something like ‘ redundancy will be decided by a pilots position on the Captains/First Officers/Second Officers/Flight Engineers seniority list’ (delete as reqd)?

4. It doesn’t mention that promotions will depend on company requirements, the opinions of the training dept. etc Date of joining is absolute and not open to debate, a pilots suitability for command is, that is what the command board is for. That’s why date of joining is used to decide redundancies. If the company announced demotions I would expect it to be decided in accordance with my contract/ppp. Apart from disciplinary reasons there is no provision. ‘Reversed for demotion’, does that mean you start at the bottom of the list, have a demotions board, a demotion assessment in the sim and finally a demotion comp check? How else would you assess ‘seniority, qualification and suitability’? Are you suggesting the last few on the Captains seniority list are just demoted? If commands were just given to the pilots at the top of the F/Os seniority list I’d have to agree.

5. It isn’t, demotion can only be for disciplinary reasons.

6. Nobody, because there are no new terms and conditions. If there were any changes BALPA did the talking.

7. Nobody benefits from the new list. Redundancies are decided on date of joining, a pilots position on the seniority lists is not relevant. The new list is not a replacement, it has been produced for use with the options pack. Nobody has been moved up in seniority because the new list is not a seniority list, it’s a date of joining list. The current seniority lists will remain and everyone will remain in the order they always were, some may find themselves on a different list.