PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Netjets Europe - Positive Aspects of the Job
Old 20th Sep 2004, 20:25
trainer too 2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Happy jack..

timebomb??? This is the only AAA rated aviation company in the world. Just look for the word Warren Buffet on the internet and you will find out that he also owns Flight Safety...

I used to be working for RYR and they bought a good British company under british rule (KLm Uk) and were able to screw crews out of their last penny... What I am trying to say is that it it is not what it seems that is important but why it is constructed that way. So do your research on that!

Most of KLM it's widebody aircraft are owned by Japanese companies.. why: tax breaks! The exact reason for Netjets to put their aircraft in Swiss or the guys with the CL604 to open a Delaware company in the US while the aircraft is Germany based!

On the tax base I know of many pilots who want to move their taxbase away from shore. The pilots at KLM tried (well some of them) to get paid abroad but the tax man stopped them because they had no overseas base and the T&G's in Shannon did not count (they seriously tried this to become Ireland "based"). The main attraction for me to apply was that as they have no fixed base I did not have to pay the 52% income tax for the Netherlands while living there and do more than 50% of my work abroad!

So again, do your home work please...