PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - stealth
Thread: stealth
View Single Post
Old 20th Sep 2004, 07:20
bigflyingrob

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
stealth

Well we Brits have finally outdone the yanks at last. We now not only have a stealth aircraft that cannot be seen in broad daylight at 50 yds we also have a 350 yd runway complete with windsock that is invisible too!
Well if Sundays performance is anything to go by this is tested and proven. We fly from a private strip 5 miles from Elstree and about once a month they alter their "circuit" to overfly us. Now I always found taking off into wind to be a good idea so I ended up head to head with 5 aircraft on exactly my height. We were seperated about 200 yds horizontally but there was no sign the first pilot had seen me.
On returning to the strip I ended up about 50 yds from one as I desended towards the strip. I have seen white van man with better lookout ! Just because you are on radio does not mean you do not need to look out of the window ! Plaistows is on the map and about 800 yds from their circuit pattern as well. Presumably the R22 that collided with the Raven about 3 miles further north was on radio too.!