PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flightsimmers, how many of you here and how do you interact it with real flying?
Old 19th Sep 2004, 14:57
Thief13x

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I run Microsoft Flight Simulator 2002 and it rocks! I have a microsoft force feedback joystick to go along with it, nothing fancy. In real life i fly a Pa-28-180, and unfortunatly the sim only came with a couple cessnas. However, after a bit of internet searching i found a 180 to download and now i fly the same airplane i do in real life. In times gone past, my instructor has often asked me how ive managed to remain so proficient, even after i hadn't flown for 1 or 2 months. Usually i just give him the 'not sure' anwser, but i know its that flight sim, i sincerly belive it has helped me alot. I'm ready for my checkride at 60 hours, which have beem spread out over the past 3 years, and 5 different airplanes. personally, i think thats pretty good and i give most of the credit to the flight sims.

Edit* Jabberwok is right, FS2002 does beat the hell out of FS2000, not only in graphics (BIG TIME) and performance, but also with the new ATC services. My god, if for no other reason, you should buy it for this incredible addition. The AI aircraft actually fly traffic patterns too

Tim

Last edited by Thief13x; 19th Sep 2004 at 15:13.