PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Report on 1999 B757 crash at Girona finally published
Old 19th Sep 2004, 14:34
sky9

Keeping Danny in Sandwiches

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
411A. I really am at a loss. As I understand it you have an company in the USA. You previously worked in the Far East; Singapore if I remember, and you also flew for an IT operation out of Manchester. It really is about time you gave us a full resume of your experience so that we can weigh up how much credence we put on your views.

So that you know I am not a Walter Mitty pilot. I have recently retired after 35 years and 21,000 hrs in the industry and worked in the Middle East and for a UK Charter company.

As a matter of record, I flew with a F/O the night after the Gerona accident. On that night he was flying to Palma and told me that the whole of the east coast of Spain was one large area of thunderstorm activity and the closest airport that was open that night was Palma. We can all have views about whether the crew should have carried more fuel and whether fatigue was a factor. However in the final analysis I cannot say that I would have got it right that night, I am surprised that you can be so sure of how you could do. Finally as a matter of record, the Captain didn’t grab control from the F/O, he took control from the F/O at TOD because of the weather at Gerona; or have I missed something?