PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - "Professional" Pilots???
View Single Post
Old 19th Sep 2004, 11:24
the wizard of auz
Bugsmasherdriverandjediknite

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking

Bino's
I have met so many great people in aviation over the years, and had many memorable, err, social interactions with them.
And we should do it again one day mate. I seem to remember you were one of the fun ones that did as I did, and had fun, regardless of who was watching us.

Maybe people shouldn't look at a website like this to try and assertain the profesionalism of the people within an industry.
People being people, come on to sites like this to gossip, spread or listen to rumors, generally unwind and have fun. that could involve winding people up, laughing at others opinions, vehemently disagreeing with others views, Ect.
Some of us that do populate sites such as this one, maintain our profesionalism in the cockpit/flightline, and then leave it there until we return to work tomorrow.
lets face it, do Police, Lawyers, plumbers, traffic wardens, school teachers, or any other profesionals that you know of, take their work home and maintain their profesionalism 24/7, or are they like normal people and let thier hair down and do what they want to, and say what they feel.
It would be a boring old world if we were all the same and agreed on everything.
I think some people on here take themselves way to serious, and forget that this a rumor based site, and is here for, Primarily, entertainment, not profesional screening.
If you want to judge peoples profesionalism, go to their flight planning rooms or cockpits, or their place of work, and then observe, and comment on your observations of people in their profesional enviroment.