PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Dick Smith's Media Release for Monday 20 Sep 04
Old 18th Sep 2004, 14:25
WALLEY2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dick,

This legal action does not sit well coming from one who originally proposed a 10nm CTAF(USA) in G class for Broome and Ayers Rock. Remember you said "not one pilot would fail to make a recommended call or you would have failed and you have never failed!" and that by having a CAGRS at Broome "I had just become a retirement home for ex ATC and FSS operators."

You unlike us have never financed a study of G class terminal airspace, infact you have continually in recent private life and when in position of influence always resisted such studies with regards to NAS.

You are now seeking injunctive releif from AsA after they have done extensive industry consultations and studies of NAS 2b. I am sure you will quickly reteat or fail to get relief as you would have been advised that any cost incurred would be payable by the plaintiff if the injunction was later shown to be incorrect or spurious.

If this action in anyway adversely effects Broome International Airport we will seek to join AsA or act seperately to recover all costs.

AsA executives pleased be advised that the statements I make above were witnessed and I will sign a declaration to that effect.

Minister Anderson, I and others expect that Mr Smiths action makes his position as an adviser to you untenable, this conflict, your last minute direction for RADAR in Class C Airspace and your duty in this matter will be raised in the public domain Australia wide.

This is the least we can do to support the AsA executives who now have to divert their attention and efforts on yet another attack on their integrity.

Mike Caplehorn