PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MYT - I can't believe it!!
View Single Post
Old 18th Sep 2004, 14:01
A4

Ut Sementem Feeceris

Received 209 Likes on 42 Posts
I think the general feeling is that the decisions have been taken by the CC WITHOUT consulting the membership. Throughout the whole "consultation" process within MYT, there has been VERY little feedback to the troops and the final options have certainly put a lot of noses out of joint.

What is the point in having two seniority lists (Capt and FO) when you just amalgamate them into one based on date of joining to decide who goes and who stays. OK, it's LIFO but it takes no account whatsoever of an individuals career progression within the company. There are now instances of people who have been in the company for a considerable period who have not been promoted to the LHS (for whatever reason.....) for several years but will now retain their Commands whilst, arguably, more dynamic individuals (quicker Commands) are demoted or worse made redundant.

So you have a scenario where someone who has had their Command for 6 months will keep it over someone who has had it for 3+ years purely because they have been in the company longer. Fair?

The whole thing is bl00dy mess....... there are only a very few who will not be affected by the fallout. I think BALPA will be receiving less in the way of subs in the not too distant future......

A4