PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Report on 1999 B757 crash at Girona finally published
Old 18th Sep 2004, 11:49
Big Tudor
Alba Gu Brath

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Whether it is a lesson in how not to fly an aircraft or not, is it really an exercise in character assassination for the Captain and F/O concerned?
Is it really that far fetched to believe that the skipper could have been fatigued on a short sector? It is considered good practice when driving to take a break after 2 hours. If 2 hours is considered a limit for driving a vehicle then surely it is equal if not worse when flying. Also, what was cumulative fatigue effects of the roster leading up to the incident. Consecutive night flights with interrupted or low quality rest in between? I'm sure I can't be the only one here who has embarked on a journey feeling fully alert and capable of remaining alert, only to arrive at my destination with little recollection of how I arrived there!

411A I'm sure there are many people here who could benfit from your experience. Perhaps if it wasn't delivered in such an agreesive tone more would listen!