PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Report on 1999 B757 crash at Girona finally published
Old 18th Sep 2004, 05:36
kansasw

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
411A: "Presume you refer to your question about ...'insulting a professional pilot on such a flimsy basis'."

Yes, that was the sentence ending with a question mark.

411A: "I'll keep it short for others who might have a similar question.

"NO (as in zero) pilot should be 'knackered' after such a short flight...period. If they are, clearly the profession is not for them, and they should consider another way of making a living.

As I said previously, fatigue on this flight is a complete red herring."

Let me be clear that I am not addressing accident causes here and claim no competence to do so. Let me be clear that I hold no brief for nor against the pilot or crew of the aircraft. I have read the report and the thread with interest and with the competence of a concerned and literate observer.

My concern is what appears to me to be your condemnation of the pilot on insufficient evidence. I do not know the guy's schedule. You appear to base your comments on assumptions about his schedule.

Do you have any knowledge there?

That thingy with the squiggle is known as a question mark. It looks like this ? .

I actually don't think you addressed the intent of my previous question. I don't have a lot of hope that you will this one either, but what the heck, let's see what happens.

411A: "Seems a few will use any excuse for their actions."

Eh? I missed something there. Who is using what excuse for what action?

Nother question mark ? that thingy.

Sorry I am being a little snooty here, truly I have no axe to grind except good communication. If you can speak directly and plainly to my issues I will respond and be happy to have a good dialogue on the point. You are welcome to be as evasive or obscure as you like if that is your wont. I will answer to plainness and directness; otherwise over and out. Kansas