PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jetstar disappointment
View Single Post
Old 18th Sep 2004, 04:30
Mr Seatback 2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hay Ewe...

"Three flights all departed from the same gate. My flight was the last to board and the TV screen still said that it was going to Rockhampton.
Point being? Virgin used the same gates until recently - and departure screen ####-ups aren't unusual in any airline.

"Got on board and the cabin crew just didnt have the enthusiasm or character. The bloke reading the welcome message paused before saying where we were going and also paused before reading the name of the flight deck crew. It seemed like he had to stop and ask or look them up."
Point being again? What - as cabin crew (or more importantly, Jetstar cabin crew), they are not ALLOWED to forget simple things like destinations or their Tech Crew??

If you're doing day 5 of a 4 sector day (and with Tech Crew changes inbetween), I would think one would be allowed to verify their information first prior to opening one's mouth. God forbid we can't show that we're human.

"As for rubbish collection, well, the girl pulled a large bin bag behind her, dragging it on the floor, pretty bloody poor I thought."
And? Poor in what sense? Yes it's cheap and nasty - but, this isn't Business Class, and nor were you served a free tray-meal. People want the cheap fares (fares where a gun was not pointed at your head to purchase, I might add H.E.), but don't seem to want to suffer the 'shortcuts' in achieving cost savings to LOWER the fares in the first place!

"Landing was a bit sketchy I thought, but at least we landed!

Like I said, probably not what you want on this thread but this is how I see it.

I dont think that the opposition have much to worry about, I flew JQ becasue of the times and cost but out of choice I wouldnt if I had another option."
1) The landing was the fault of the Cabin Crew? CNS at this time of year - like all Nth QLD ports - are renowned for their turbulent weather and rough landing...

2) You are more than entitled to your opinion H.E.

3) But you did have another option H.E. - and you chose Jetstar because of what??? The times and the cost.

QLD Crew at the moment are working very very hard and long hours, whilst more crew are trained up from ground schools. This means operating very long days, with early starts frequently. All of these have an impact on the eagerness of many people (and before anyone jumps down my throat, ALL AIRLINES suffer this. The cumulative effect of fatigue on the body quite often overrides our basic desire to be jumping beans in the morning).

For those interested in flying...

1) MEL base will be the next ground school (or majority of), with more crew to be based in SEQ (South East Queensland). These are the two bases with the biggest shortages, as the Airbus/Boeing flying out of each base changes each month.

2) ADL (Adelaide) base is rumoured to be next, before they move westward into PER (Perth). That's the gossip so far.

Of course, with the range of the Airbus allowing transcon flights, and the startup of Jetstar Asia very soon, wouldn't be surprised if something in the west (in terms of a base) was opened sooner, rather than later!