PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Report on 1999 B757 crash at Girona finally published
Old 18th Sep 2004, 00:28
kansasw

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well hi 411A, here is what thegypsy said:

....if there was ever a likely weather problem I alwaysd [sic] loaded extra fuel to take into account the fact that on arrival I was knackered and therefore worrying about fuel was one less problem...........

To which you answered:

Oh come now.

Report for duty, depart from the UK, fly for 3 hours...and arrive knackered?
If this is the kind of pilot Brittania has, suspect they had better double crew for 'safety'.

Aw, poor babies.

Professional pilots...NOT.

Now I didn't see where thegypsy gave his whole schedule or enough information to enable you to know it. IE it appears to me you are answering his post as you choose to interpret or perhaps distort it and perhaps not as he intended it. I don't know why you would do this but perhaps a clue could be found in your last two lines.

What interest do you have in insulting a fellow professional pilot on such a flimsy basis?

Now let me identify myself: simple SLF, fly now and then, technically inclined, like this board and visit frequently, post occasionally. Surely there is a lot here that is above and beyond me, and of course all pilots should be tough guys unbothered by a tad of fatigue, and of course it's your type I want in the cockpit ahead of me hahaha.

So what I am addressing here is none of the technical or investigational issues of the accident in question, which I find quite fascinating, but rather your arrogant attitude which I do not understand. If you care to respond it will be nice if you do so without slashing myself or others. Thanks for listening, Kansas.