PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What's New In W. Africa (Nigeria)
View Single Post
Old 21st Apr 2004, 18:30
Mama Mangrove

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just back from the swamps so I've been a bit out of touch with Prune.

rotordk. CHC bought Schreiner but they still operate independently under that name and bid on contracts in their own right.

Hear that although Bristow is changing to 8/4 it will be for more money and that they'll also be offering 6/6 for less money to balance things up.. They may be getting some 332Ls in Nigeria in addition to their new S76C+s for deepwater offshore.

Aero Contractors are also rumored to be getting some new 365N3s and EC135s, with the possibility of some 332Ls if they need them for the deepwater contracts.

Pan African must be pleased that they managed to get the icing on the cake with the helicopters for the Presidency, and they've taken a few Nigerian pilots from the other operators to man them.

New starter Caverton Helicopters seems to be new stopper at the moment! Their only helicopter, an A109 is still in UK and the new South African MD they hired to get things up and running seems to be unable to move them forward. Their hangar is still not complete, nor is their floating VI helipad. They'll need a lifejacket to stay afloat and watch the boat leaving at their present rate of progress . I hear that they think they can get expat pilots to work a 12/4 roster for less money than any of the other operators are paying, despite the fact that all of them are getting stretched for pilots willing to work in Nigeria. I'd have thought that to get pilots to work for a wholly Nigerian company, with the reputation they have, Caverton would have to offer a better deal. Unless they actyually start soon the entire exercise is probably a bit academic anyway.

What's happening out there in the rest of the swamps and mountains, PPruners? What about the rumours of a number of expatriate staff having had to leave Malabo as a result of the alleged coup plot after the 727 was arrested in Zim?

Let's get a bit of feed back. I can't believe that you no dey hear anyting at all!!