PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Becoming an Instructor & related FI questions
Old 17th Sep 2004, 14:38
bellfest

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Flingwing, maybe I should tone it down a tad as I don't want to sound as though I am vindictive towards those who are trying to gain experience. The reason the statistics show that these accidents don't occur is because in the real world pilots of that calibre aren't allowed to conduct any serious type of IF flying without an experienced captain in the other seat. I am by no means an experienced IFR pilot but have a couple of hundred hours night experience offshore the majority being IMC and I'll be damned if I think I am ready to try and teach anyone how to do it yet. I feel confident in all aspects of IFR flight but when you're exposed to the elements and the pressure is on, äctual"IF is a far cry from the training. All in all mate I guess I could just button up as it will only go as well as the CFI overseaing the operation will allow. Hands_on123 I sincerely hope that if you choose this path you have a long and fruitful career and are able to give the students what they are paying for