PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Atlas profit warning
View Single Post
Old 17th Oct 2001, 17:34
HEAVYWHALE

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down

Fellow Airman,

You would think that in the busiest time in Atlas' near term history that "Rick" would come out with a voice mail that is at least somewhat positive. A CEO that wasn't trying to terrorize his employees would come out with some sort of a positive tone as to the future of the airline. Instead, all we get is a negative, doom and gloom tone coming out of the front office.

I liken it to the stock market recession. The Market goes down, and the media reports it, and what happens? The people trading the stocks on the market hear the negativity from the media. So, what do they do? The next day they go out and sell. Hence, creating a negative spiral effect that is hard to get out of. If "Rick" was at all a leader, he would try to spawn a positive outlook and tone around the company. Instead, he paints a horrible picture, causing his employee morale to sink to very low levels. He then asks us to keep up the good work and support the airline through these "bad times." Well, he's creating the same horrible spiral effect that we are seeing in the market. It's very irrational and horribly disturbing and irresponsible, in my opinion. I'm not saying that he should lie to us, but for Christ sake, at the busiest time in Atlas' history in a long time, his voice mail should be something like this, "Hi, this is Rick. Wooo Wooo!, Atlas is doing great and all of you should be very proud of the job that you are doing! From me to you, thanks for all the hard work!" Do we get that?

To the guy who wrote the plea to AAMT. Great try, and I think that most of the crew force feels the same way. But expect a reply? Not. AAMT is sitting back reading your post thinking to themselves...... Hmmm? "This is perfect! The pilots seem desperate. We've got them right where we want them." Do you honestly think that they give a crap about you? If they did, wouldn't things be a little different. To the MEC, if we go up to Purchase, we are only playing into their hands. IT's A TRAP!!!!

I haven't posted in a long time for a reason. It's cause it doesn't do anything but give the other side ammo against the pilot group.

See you later,
HEAVYWHALE