PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flightsimmers, how many of you here and how do you interact it with real flying?
Old 17th Sep 2004, 13:11
omcaree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I attempted to stop the engine of the FlightOne C152 via carb ice, didn't work but only because i got bored. low power, high humidty and in cloud just to help it out, noticable drop in RPM after a few minutes, and even a rough(ish) engine note, RPM continued to drop for a few minutes but wouldn't stop, so i gave up.

but i agree the weather (and icing) is very impressive. I think microsoft should try a bit harder with the post-stall model for its aircraft though, they give you an extra 300 as standard and expect you to fly sensibly, any attempt at spinning it just messes up. admittedly i've never flown a real one but i have seen them do spins

there is nothing built in to the simulator to prevent this (as i've said, the add on aircraft i have are very realistic looking in stall/spins, can even spin the super decathalon inverted) so i think MS should just pay some more attention to that.

Owen