PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Report on 1999 B757 crash at Girona finally published
Old 17th Sep 2004, 07:29
Cap 56

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I used to have a book titled “Weather Flying” written by a certain Bruck (I am not 100 % sure of the name but it sounds like that) I got it from the States and the author is an American.

I borrowed it to a F/O who never returned it to me so I do not have the ISBN.

The writer used to be part of some king of weather research program, actually flying into TS and Hurricanes for scientific analysis etc…..

I really recommend it as it changes your perception of the typical WX ATPL courses into a more pragmatic approach.

I anybody has the ISBN I would appreciate if he puts it on the forum.

Thanks

If you read it you will see that Prob 30 or 40 is a lot of crap.

I know it’s a lot of effort but if over a certain period of time you compare the actual WX you get from the Volmet and Atis with the stuff you got at dispatch stage you learn more than in any ATPL course.

Nothing influences flying more than weather. Weather, always the weather it’s our enemy as well as our friend and you better learn about her/his character if the fields or air are the place where you will spend the next 25 years of your career.

Finally there is a difference between how a pilot thinks and a lawyer, scary people those pilots that think like lawyers.