PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - IFR tech q's
Thread: IFR tech q's
View Single Post
Old 17th Sep 2004, 07:05
newbe200

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
apache

dont have to be two crew. i operate the king air single pilot down to 0ft ceiling and 800m vis or 500m vis with runway centreline guidance or markings and edge lighting less than 60 m apart. all you have to do is make sure the auto feather works prior to departure, but because this is easy you do it anyway.

either way, all other ifr aircraft only need 300ft 800m provided you can meet the climb gradients and everything else in the enr's.

hope this helps, my understandiing of the departure ifr question is the same as aerocats2a

cheers

NAMPS ,

are you saying you would not depart say bankstown when the cloud is below the minima (dont know what this is because i dont go there) even though say sydney's ils could get you in even on one engine??

provided your aircraft can make the lsalt for bk-sy prior to leaving bk circling area, and provided you have obstacle clearance performance at the worst possible time for an engine failure, and provided the ils is operational and available and the cloud base is at or above the cat 1 minima (and you have met the req's for cat 1 min in the aip's), or special alt minima if available, i believe i would go if i believed i could get there on one engine.

i may have left something out here, but it is up to you to work all of this info out B4 you go, obviously. in fact the week b4 you go would be better. i just know what i am capable of at the aerodromes i operate to and if i go somewhere different to this i study up.

Last edited by newbe200; 17th Sep 2004 at 07:17.