PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - From Zero to Forty Five - my PPL Diary
View Single Post
Old 17th Sep 2004, 04:47
Sunfish

Received 89 Likes on 32 Posts
Sky, yes I got the mailout and when you read it you will find that deja vu has been at work. There isa long article on flaps in there already.

I guess the issue is not to put them into a position where you are in trouble if you cannot get them up. This is only about two places - the touch and go and the go around.

As touch and go is a training manoeuvre, maybe the trick should be to check the flaps are moving in the right direction before you apply full power.

On a go around, I guess in the worst case you have to fly a circuit with full flaps.

Just as an experiment yesterday after stalling practice at 3500 ft, we tried flying the "best" of the C150's with forty degrees of flap. You can just get it to climb at about 100 fpm. at full power.

Went Solo to the training area today. Returned with tension headache and stiff neck an hour later from having to think where I was going and look around all the time instead of having an instructor tell me what to do, or following the well worn groove of the circuit.

Anyway, at least I exorcised a few demons by doing stalls on my own and a few practice forced landings and suchlike.

Tomorrow its at YMMB at 5.00am for this Dawn Patrol event.

CHeers, hope all goes well with your flying