PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Which destination do you dread seeing on your roster... and why??(merged)
Old 17th Sep 2004, 02:51
TightSlot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
OK, interesting thread, so here's the challenge. Find the route you hate the most, and then do some work on it! Clearly, most (not all) of your customers don't wake up and think to themselves "How can I P**s off my crew today?", so they're probably unaware of the effect they are creating. We're talking about cultural and sociological differences that grate out of context. So rather than wage a war with customers that ultimately you will not win, is there anything you can do as crew, that will enhance their experience as customers, and make life easier for you as crew?
I'm not being cute, I know full well that some groups of people can be difficult. I just wonder, if this thead doesn't demonstrate that there are some areas where we need more knowledge?
Take for example, my previous problem flight to Ovda (VDA) in Israel. Most crew in my company, hate these flights. If people want to pray, roll with it, and let them, at the doors if necessary. If they want to bicker about seats, just let it wash over you. If they want to stand up during the meal service, work around the problem - it;s not easy, but it's easier with the right frame of mind.
In short, I wonder if threre isn't more we can do on 'difficult' flights to make our own, and customers, life easier.

Discuss,

Flame,

But read the post carefully (I Did, except for the spellink)

Last edited by TightSlot; 17th Sep 2004 at 09:21.