PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Lets stick together on this one
View Single Post
Old 16th Sep 2004, 19:08
timzsta

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Big - the CTC £6000 jobbie is an MCC with what amounts to a JOT course added. It is the last stage of the ATP scheme. If you are successfull you go into the hold pool for a TR with an airline. If you get selected from the pool the airline pays for your type rating and you work for them for six months BUT YOU DO NOT RECEIVE ANY SALARY. CTC do encourage the airline to pay any expenses etc and a small amount of subsistence. At the end of the sixth months you may or may not be kept on by the airline.

I for one echo earlier thoughts - the cat may well be ought of the bag when it comes to paying for type ratings and the like. At the moment I feel there are enough guys willing & able to pay for TR's to fill the required seats. When there are no longer enough it will be a different game.......

Personally I think Easy have got it pretty much right with their Type Rating Sponsorship Scheme.

Finally - I am trying to sort out an MCC. It is hard to find a company that does a normal MCC these days it seems. Everywhere it is "we dont do MCC but we do a course (twice the cost) where you get MCC / JOT / Advanced handling etc".

Rant over.