PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The CTC Wings Scheme thread
View Single Post
Old 16th Sep 2004, 13:43
Simon_Sez

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: The Foundation Course

EGP explains this very well.

At the moment, the course is still ab-initio. The foundation course was set up to allow those with little or no flying experience gain their PPL with CTC, but at a cost of approx £3,000. I would agree that the bond could be extended from £60,000 to £63,000 to cover this if required.

However, Lee said at Stage 2 that it would be assumed people could afford to do this without increasing the bond. i.e. if you're told you're going to NZ, it could be 6 months before you're actually able to go with jobs/uni personal commitments etc. In this time, you could also save £3,000, pay for the Foundation course with no interest and have it over and done with.
I'm only just passed Stage 2 but just in case, I've started to save specifically for this. Anyways, if CTC doesn't work out, it will be used for lessons elsewhere

This begs the question, IS IT BETTER TO APPLY TO THE WINGS SCHEME WITH A PPL?

Not really. It honestly doesn't matter, but if you don't have one (I don't, some people at my Stage 2 did) CTC's PPL course is taught in such a way as it makes you think like an airline pilot from day one. This can only be a good thing.

Regards,

Simon.