PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Orient Thai
Thread: Orient Thai
View Single Post
Old 16th Sep 2004, 13:14
Foreign Worker

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lightbulb

Come on "top man" - who are you? You feel that you need to defend Orient Thai in almost every single post you have made.

May I reflect on some of your previous quips...
"I am saying that with just a little bit of networking at a local level," - so at this point in time, you are advising us to go to the "local level", to try to get cheaper accomodation.
But then, when one of the guys does, you admonish him with this, "Dont you think Spleener that it is more likely that his girlfriend is creaming some that cash off on top of the rent and than just refering the price of 28k / month to him ???"
Now if a guy can't trust his "local level" girlfriend to get the best rate for him, WHO can he trust?
Then you say, "ask ANY local thai about paying 28k on a average looking apartment around the nana area and you will know what I mean."
No, I DO NOT know what you mean!!

First you say one thing - then you say another, topman!

You, topman, also stated, "They have no problem attaining excellent crews and most importantly retaining them. but then we (the rest of the world) see that Orient Thai is STILL advertising for crews, despite your statement, "The reality of the situation is that there are an army of captains, FOs and FE lining up trying to get interviews with Orient Thai.",
and,
"They have no problem attaining excellent crews and most importantly retaining them.".

Let us cut to the chase, top man. IF you want properly qualified, PROFESSIONAL crews flying your airplane(s) - people who will take care NOT to damage them (why do you think some people can't work in their own countries??), and preserve your cashflow, you're going to have to pay market rates.

IF you are happy to have some misfits, and inexperienced guys who want to use your airplane(s) as a semi-disposable piece of training equipment, hen go right ahead.
You'll soon learn that you get EXACTLY what you've paid for.

Guys with any integrity are NOT going to hang around a shonky operator.

Operators of integrity do NOT want shonky pilots.

You make your bed, you lie/fly in it!