Thread: Oz Jobs Goodbye
View Single Post
Old 16th Sep 2004, 13:04
Windshear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Oz Jobs Goodbye

Our final post.
Enclosed a memo from the Towers UK

A note to let you know that the Oz Jobs era is over. Danny and I counted it up at the weekend. Forums for Australians and/or New Zealanders have run for 7 years and there has never been a paid advert to support the site.

The old reason of no access to the pages of the Australian is now a nonsense. I've accessed the jobs pages each week from 3 minor ex-soviet republics, Africa and even wirelessly from Beirut airport during an Israeli attack

The point is very basic when it comes down to it. Australian business has had a free ride for years. We've set up advertising that is cheaper and quicker than the Australian. Everyone can get access to the jobs because if they can get onto PPRuNe they must be ble to access other sites.

So it's time for the ads to stop. A fantastic job but there's simply no need for it now. If our readership find the Australian jobsite as much of a ballache to navigate as I do it should add a little pressure for someone in Australia to support this site with a paid ad for the first time ever.

Regards to both of you on the Windy editorial team,

In all I think we posted just 348 times in 7 yrs, at an av. of 4 jobs per week [2436 jobs] ... so it's Goodbye from Windy