PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Orient Thai
Thread: Orient Thai
View Single Post
Old 16th Sep 2004, 10:24
spleener

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sorry Toppman if things really are as you say, however I just got back from Bkk and had a few beers with some current and ex OX chaps:
1. Rental and cost of living: THB6000/mth doesn''t get you anything like a comfortable lifestyle in a good area. OK for a young single guy on a shoestring maybe. My mate's place near Nana is a nothing special; a tired 2 bed flat that costs THB28000/mth - found for him by his Thai girlfriend. It does have a pool and gym.
2. Retaining crews: your story is: rubbish. Not only commanders but management as well have departed the scene after a short tenure. Why?
3. Safety issues; ALLEGEDLY: SOP's [!], publications [jepps], training [err - go and pick up your training captain in HKG! on a type you haven't flown for years], recurrent sim checks [more licences signed than bodies in attendence], maintenance [non reporting of AOG defects, not carrying out basic turnaround checks etc], min hrs and experience sub-standard F/O's, F/E's - well apparently not needed on the 2-pilot L1011! This is not an exhaustive list as related to me by Pilots and EX-management but I think you get the actualised picture...