PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The Mood At EK
Thread: The Mood At EK
View Single Post
Old 15th Sep 2004, 17:08
bound_for_dubai

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well its definetly the attitude that one has. For some, its no big deal whether or not their is a union. I have worked a few (non aviation) jobs, where unions have ruined the company and it was visible by the lack of work or production made. Others have stated Emirates is not the best place to work, but for an expat its better than the majority of airlines out there.

I think whether the desert was or wasn't what you were led to believe, it could be turn out to be a great experience and adventure if you let it be. And you can move back home or elsewhere. Thats the beauty of being an expat and its what draws more and more pilots. Instead of being at home and having your company live day by day (US AIRWAYS for example), and have to be involved in all of that union dirt, you can just enjoy being somewhere else and maybe learning a new language or seeing other parts of the world that maybe your home airline doesn't fly to.

All in all, I think its the attitude of the pilot. Sometimes people fight over the luxuries they never really took advantage back home, but are used to having it all. If there is a good number of pilots that say its a great place to work, then thats good enough for me.

Happy Landings