PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Emirates 777 go around at LHR
View Single Post
Old 14th Sep 2004, 22:20
Frosty Hoar

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
"I cant hold it ...switching to manual....!!!"
Screamed senior flight commmander Bruce d'Ego to his terrified female co pilot as the plasma displays on his boeing 777 mk2 flashed orange and then red on approach to heathrow this evening. D'Ego, already stressed out by the superior flying abilities of his co pilot during a flapless approach the night before -- felt cold sweat running down his back - this one could be death or even tea with no biscuits.....

"I knew there was something wrong"said experienced air traveller FK Witt when I saw the cabin crew smash the glass and pull the abort handle,blowing up the dinghy in the aisle, and added that this would never have happened on big airways"

The 4000 ton jet liner descended to 400 ft over tower bridge before the face of the chief pilot appeared on D'egos left plasma CRM warning anunciator, mouthing the words "remember the course, THE COURSE Bruce" and triggering the reflex action that saved the day, engaging the go around rocket motors just before impact and ensuring an impressive impromptu air display over the M25, as witnessed by tim from Chalfont-

"It Looked great as it climbed and turned north in the setting sun"

ahh sorry about that.....