PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair and BALPA/IALPA
View Single Post
Old 14th Sep 2004, 19:14
Jack The Lad

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Frying & Atse.

What I should have also said, and I realised after the event, that in BA's case these 'spikes' as atse aptly calls them did refer in general to the cabin crew, I believe, and not the flight deck crew. That is relevant in so much as it would appear that maybe FR have noticed that same tendancy and would explain why the cabin crew received such a letter and not the flightdeck.

I'm sure I'll get flamed by the other contingent now but this place is a bit of a 'damned if you do and damned if you don't'!

I think most organisations, and I'm sure Ryanair fall in this category, accept that if you are genuinely sick such that you cannot perform your duties to the standard required, then you should go sick. On the other side of the scale, I've seen people pitch up for work that never should and you have to send them home. Mostly, however, and sadly, there are many that think a 'sicky' here and there is their right. Shame those lot aren't self-employed, because sick = no pay; tends to focus the grey matter a bit.