PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Boarding drunk passengers
View Single Post
Old 14th Sep 2004, 12:45
Standard Jet Dep

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Very interesting subject this. Somebody above asked for an airline point of view. I work for a very large charter airline and within our system we are always around the check in area before departure so we can usually identify those who are drunk, however as stated its what happens from there on that usually ends up with people getting out of it in the landside/airside bar. We have always been told its our descretion to offload if we consider somebody drunk. However I always check with the agents for a second point of view and then with the Purser onboard. So then you have 3 points of view. I think its basically the same all over the board. I personally do not enjoy offloading anybody, I also forgot to mention that our ops dept are also advised so yes it is very useful to cover your back at all times. I have worked with airline agents who really want to offload anybody just because they are in a loud group etc. Anyway I think by and large most agents are tolarent and can better judge somebody thats drunk ie smell of alcohol detected on a passenger. So I think your comments breakscrew are a little off the mark, im afraid.