PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - O/T Two Australians kidnapped in Iraq: report (Breaking News)
Old 14th Sep 2004, 12:07
itchybum

Location: Over 250 posts so far. Perhaps I support Pprune by posting regularly.
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SMH

September 14, 2004 - 7:39PM

Four men from a team of six Australian bodyguards remained unaccounted for in Iraq, a Perth security firm said today.

Australian Professional Bodyguards (APB) special operations director Frank Halliwell said two of the six men, who always worked together, had contacted their families in Perth this afternoon.

A further four men - two from Perth and two from Sydney - remained unaccounted for but Mr Halliwell said he was no longer concerned for their safety.

TurbineJunkie I never said I have anything against praying, did I? Try to relax and re-read the post.

But personally I don't see the point in prayer. If God has a "plan", why's he going to change it just because you ask Him to? A lot of hostage situations have ended very badly recently despite 1000s of man-hours of concerted prayer. I suppose it makes the individual feel better and that's something.

But it does seem ironic especially since the arseholes who carry out these kidnappings all reckon God is on their side.

say8tonsjoyce (ironic choice of name here) in this case, the alleged captives were armed.

But hopefully this kidnapping claim will turn out to be more
bullsh!t from these scum because so far, no names have been released by the "Horror Brigade".
"Horror Brigade"... Sounds like a right bunch of c***s.

Leave the USMC there for a while longer and the problem might eventually disappear.