PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The Mood At EK
Thread: The Mood At EK
View Single Post
Old 14th Sep 2004, 04:08

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Fortunately after months of soul searching and people being moved out of management positions, the management has developed a solution that seems to suit everyone.

They change our conditions of service any time they like, without consulting the work force, and if we don't like it we can leave.

Seems to be working OK so far.

Saltaire says that "the vast majority are happy".

My experience is that is not the case. The recent change in the way flying hours are recorded has, yet again, raised concerns as to where this job is headed.

In theory if you fly a full month of 4 man crews, it is possible to be rostered for 150hrs. I'm not sure if that can be physically achieved, but the rule change allows for it. On 3 man crew you can be rostered for 133 hrs.

At present it is unlikely that anyone will fly a whole month of augmented flights, but when we have 30 something 777-300ER's and 50 380's, it might be a different case.

So as soon as a few guys start earning 50 hours of overtime, you can standby for the changes as to how productivity pay is calculated. (that's just me speculating)