PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Helicopter aerodynamics CD Rom?
View Single Post
Old 14th Sep 2004, 01:26
gadgetguru

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
a picture tells a thousand words

the picture below should allow for an easier explanation of what i am trying to achieve

full size pic with all labels/detail is available at :
http://holeygrail.khanted.com/graphics/cone_tpp.jpg

as the MR blades (Pink) travel & TPP/PoR (also pink) move with the changes in AoR, there will be a ghost set of blades following (what i have termed the) the PoR 'datum' (Green) relative to the Shaft Axis (Green)

the student can then see where the TPP/PoR has moved to with any given cyclic inputs in relation to where it started from.

at the point where coning is introduced, in order to reflect the position of the TPP (with coning) in relation to the 'normal' TPP relative to AoR, another 'ghost' set of blades will maintain the PoR about the AoR, whilst the Actual Blades (Tips) will raise (cone) & the disk area (transparent orange disk) will contract as the TPP increases above the PoR.

the final product will include a simple fuselage, with some extended (long/lat) axis lines so that the perspective view is easier to interpret specifically in regards to the disc tilt
cheers

should i consider demonstrating Disc tilt (AoR shifts from Shaft Axis)
to coning (TPP under increased load) seperately to reduce the amount of information needing to be assimilated?

then have this (pictured above) as the 3rd collated detail.

one step at a time...

would appreciate any views