PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - lots of questions and answers hard to come by
Old 13th Sep 2004, 22:21
R T Jones

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts
lots of questions and answers hard to come by

Since I got my GCSE results in August, I have really thought of how i can accomplish my dream of being an airline pilot. There seems to be only a few routes and unless you splash out £60,000 you have to be the best of the best to get on these sponsorship schemes. The infomation on each of the websites is good but doesnt cover all the questions i have of them. So hopefully you guys can answer them. Also about aptitude tests, should they be taken at a certian age or do the results change as you get older? So here goes.

1.)Is it worth paying £150 to take an apptitude test at http://www.gapan.org/career/aptitude.htm . I simply want to know if i have what it takes to be an airline pilot. Im currently 16 so is it worth me taking one now or waiting till im older.

2)If you fail to get sponsored is it worth going to a training centre such as Jertz, paying for your training by taking out loans or should this route be looked at as a last resort.

3)Should you aim to get sponsored at the youngest age possible, 19 for CTP or when you have done your A Levels go to Jertz and have your ATPL by the time your 21. Is that looked upon favorabely by airlines or should you wait till you are older.

These are all the questions I have for now and I would really appricate some answers. The last week i have been rather anxios about the answers to these so it would really help put my mind at rest.

R T Jones