PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Orient Thai
Thread: Orient Thai
View Single Post
Old 12th Sep 2004, 21:19
topman999

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Foreign Worker,

The reality of the situation is that there are an army of captains, FOs and FE lining up trying to get interviews with Orient Thai. My source. I do know for a fact that more than a few very experienced western typed rated pilots and FE have not even reached the interview stage due to the demand for the positions. Like it or not there IS a real demand out there to work for Orient Thai. They have no problem attaining excellent crews and most importantly retaining them. From what I have been told (and this seems to contradict other posts) the pilots are happy with whats on offer and so to are mgt. I do know one captain there who is from the US and met him after about 2 months working there. He was beeming from ear to ear the whole time. Simply delighted with the whole package offered. But alas, I suppose I will be beaten down here yet again for refusing to adopt this "bash the asian airlines" culture so prevelant here.

Iso,
I simply get no "kick" or pleasure out of telling you that THERE ARE good quality 2 bedroom apartments available in bkk for 6000B a month. Anybody who knows anything about thailand will tell you that over the past 15 yrs one of the few things that have not incrased in prices are the cost of renting apartments. I have seen my friends apartment for 6000B by the way, and frankly speaking it is above that of the average 2 bed aprtment available in the west and has good security too.
Further Iso, I feel it highly inappropriate and insensitive for you to come on here and make smart and downright racist remarks against people from Bangladesh. This is really not called for at all. Get your facts in order before mouthing off such nonsense like that please.