PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Pilot arrested at Manchester (merged)
View Single Post
Old 12th Sep 2004, 20:27
bjcc

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ILS 119.5

You want the rules applied equaly.

I agree with you, however you have avoided my question. How do you feel about them been applied equaly the other way? Or are aircrew more equal than others?

If the rules are to be applied equaly then exceed the speed limit on your day off....and lose your job. Other occupations are under far greater restrictions than you are and in most cases for far less good reason.

By the way, commit adultary in the Forces and in some circumstances in the Police and guess what ...you get sacked. Do you? So its not equal is it, nor if you answer honestly would you like it to be.

I agree with you up to a point, although differant occupations require a differant level of sobriaty. Parliament decided, presumably after medical advice (probably not taken down the pub) that the limits under this act should apply. Should the same limit apply to say a doctor doing paperwork? Or a Police Officer doing communications duties in a Police Station? Probably not. But a doctor operating on someone should have zero alcohol, and a Police Officer on Armed patrol the same should apply.