PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Pilot arrested at Manchester (merged)
View Single Post
Old 12th Sep 2004, 19:27
ILS 119.5

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The point being that there are two different limits, i.e. one for each profession, this should not be the case. We should all be covered by one limit. In high profile professions if one is subject to an alchohol limit then so should the others. The aviation industry has been subjected to so much media attention over the last few years I feel it's time to stand up and say "hang on, what about everyone else". As a professional for more than 20 years I can say that our industry has changed dramatically. We used to have drinks in the cockpit years ago, not now. We used to drink vast amounts and party all night, not now. Don't get me wrong I think the evolution of the industry is good but it is the evolution of other industries which impose regulations but cannot keep up with it.
For example, if I said to you that cannot commit adultry but I can, what would you say? (PS one of the ten commandments).
Law should be equal for everyone. I'm not trying to be offensive or arguementative but objective.