PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Infants as pax.
Thread: Infants as pax.
View Single Post
Old 12th Sep 2004, 18:35
skydriller

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Fundamentally the safest way to transport infants is in a proper infant seat and not on an adults lap.
Right, I agree, which is why when we travel with SD Junior we take his seat with us so he can sit on it in the extra seat/ticket we have paid for.

However.......Despite seeing children on flights in child seats strapped to the airline seat, and despite assurances weeks prior to the flight, and at checkin before the flight....SD carried Juniors seat out to aircraft to be told at the steps "Sorry you cant take that on the aircraft".....

I argued the safety aspect of said seat and showed we had paid for SD Juniors ticket, who is 2... pointed out that the child seat fits in the airline seats great and we have done it before - on their carrier and others, but FA wouldnt budge. Eventually as other pax were held up I let it drop, seat was put in the hold, and SD junior had to sit in seat far too huge for him with the belt too big etc

On the return Flight it wasnt a problem..

Out of a half dozen flights in the last year with the little guy, One refusal (above, AF) and one objection on boarding - eventually the FA gave in that it was safer after pointing out the seat would fit properly.

Infants on flights is indeed a subject that needs discussing, Airlines & crews should encourage safety, not tell you black is white....

Regards, SD