PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin Atlantic Questions - the Master Thread! (Merged)
Old 12th Sep 2004, 18:04
Downtown1994

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ATIS..

In answer to your questions. Firstly, No I didn't have any command time. A command was iminent in my previous company so it was a tough decision to go.. but for me anyway, the right one. I had approximately 2500hrs on jets and 1500 hrs light aircraft experience. Mainly from instructing. A couple of guys from my company joined around the same time. One with command experience and one without. I have met quite a few new FO's over the past 18 months and there does not seem to be any hard set rules over who they recruit. In my oppinion you will not stand any better or worse chance with command experience or not. So you have every chance. The interview process seems to be largely focussed on getting the right personality.

It is difficult getting an interview I know. I don't know of any methods to increase your chances of being selected for interview. I guess the only advice I can give you is to 'pester gracefully'.

No, I didn't know of anyone in Virgin when I applied. That is not to say that it doesn't help. Virgin do not only take on people recommended by their mates. I believe that they take recommendations seriously though. It's a double edged sword getting sponsored though. You have to be sure that your sponsor's thoughts will be valued.

Good luck.