PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Becoming an Instructor & related FI questions
Old 12th Sep 2004, 17:02
delta3
Passion Flying Hobby Science Sponsor Work

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Coyote,

I'am a privateer with about 1.000 hrs in 4 years, and my IR had 17.000+ (he was not allowed to write more) and I'am really glad he had this.

I would feel that 1.000 is indeed really a minimum. There is a german saying (will save you the german..) that goes: ' there is no replacement for experience...'

Unless teaching kind of means learning to fly circuits and let them figure out all the rest and hope they survive it...

If I would pay more : well this question was not put this way in my case, I just choose the experienced guys (did not check the others), and even well after getting my PPL I would pay them to fly with me to do the more advanced stuff once I was getting ready for it, and had a need to know it.

Experience of course is not everything : the person should be able of bringing some of it over to the student, in that sense I sympathise with the youthfull enthousiasme line of thinking, but give me an experienced enthousiatic guy...

d3

Last edited by delta3; 12th Sep 2004 at 17:31.